QUESTIONING SKILLS CLE
- If God loves you, why is he always telling you what to do?
- Doesn’t it demean you, as a woman to wear that headscarf?
- How do you know how to act without a religion to show you the way?
For the first question:
- It may be viewed to be challenging God’s love or the faith of one.
- People may be offended by the way the statement was phrased
- Words to fix: “why is he always telling you what to do” this is to direct and may be understood negatively
For the second question:
- It may be viewed as insulting since it challenges one’s belief
- Words to fix: “demean”
For the third question:
- It may challenge different points of views between different religions
- It may hurt or insult these people who believe in their own respective beliefs
- How does God show his love to us through the commandments and the rules which he has set?
- What does your headscarf represent with respect to your belief?
- What is your opinion on the topic of religion showing us the way?